MW3 Information Round-up
Robert Bowling, Infinity Ward's community manager, has answered some of the MW3 community's questions regarding the game. Here's a quick summary of the new information:
- The max level is 80 and there isn't that much grinding involved like in Modern Warfare 2.
- Knifing lunge has been removed, including the Commando perk.
- Killstreaks are stackable.
- Grenades launchers are extremely weak primary weapons and don't have that much ammo available.
- Infinity Ward is trying to win the PC community back. The dedicated servers come with public server files, thus giving full control back to the PC gamers. Xbox 360 and PS3 players won't have this luxury.
- As confirmed a few months ago, MW3 has a color blind assist mode. It basically turns all green and red indicators to orange and blue.
- The Ballistic Vest is not the same as the Juggernaut armor; the Ballistic Vest just gives a little more resistance to explosives and bullets.
- No Zombie mode, the Spec Ops survival mode has replaced it.
- You can reset your stats back to rank 1 if you wish.
- There is an improved theater mode in MW3 (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC).
- The Prestige Shop allows you to spend prestige points earned by prestiging to unlock useful features.
- The PC version will be using VAC as anti-cheat, no Punkbuster.
- There is no combat training in MW3; the Spec Ops survival mode is used instead.
- Killstreak kills only count towards your next killstreak when using the Assault Strike Package.
- MW3 has an in-game report player function to report cheaters, like in Black Ops.